CONTINUITY IS US!!!!
Lifelong Virtual Health & Wellness Classes will continue but we need to ask for your support.
One of the things that helps to bolster the immune system, raise spirits, and prevent all kinds of physical conditions associated with aging is exercise. Although we’ve had to cancel our in person classes, we would like to offer some group activities virtually to help keep you healthy, and also to let you know we are still here and will be when this is over.
We are so happy that you are attending classes while we are “pausing.” Up until now we have not asked for payment for the classes, and have been happy to offer them as a way to keep sane and physically healthy.
But it seems this situation is going to continue for a while longer than we had hoped, and so we need to charge for the classes, beginning May 1. The cost will be as usual, $30 a month for members for all the fitness and yoga classes you want to take (now they are available 6 day a week!) or $5 per class. Please mail your checks (made out to Lifelong) to Lifelong. 119 West Court Street, Ithaca 14850
The classes we are offering are:
Lifelong Chair Yoga
(Tuesdays & Thursday, 10:15 – 11:15)
Lifelong Enhance Your Fitness
(Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 10 – 11:00)
Lifelong Strength Training
(Thursday, 12:30 – 1:30)
Lifelong Trumansburg Fitness NEW
(Saturday, 10 – 12:00)
HOW TO JOIN A CLASS:
1. To join a class, you will need a Facebook account.
2. Search for the group you want to join by name (listed above in red; you may join all three).
3. Request to join the group. You will receive a notification that you are in the group.
4. On the day of the class, sign in and go to the group a couple of minutes before the class is due to start and when the instructor goes live you’ll be in!
Although the instructor won’t be able to see or hear you, she will see that you are signed in. Please leave a comment or greeting afterward so everyone in the group will see it and we will be together in some way.
OR For Enhance your Fitness classes only:
1. Download the Zoom app onto your device.
2. Check the Lifelong Enhance Your Fitness page on Facebook and use the link there to join the class you want to attend. The class will be open about five minutes before it’s scheduled to start. Try to be there before 10 so that you can be admitted from the waiting room, if necessary.
The instructor will be muting you during the class to keep the sound consistent, but before and after you’ll be able to talk to the people there. You will be able to see everyone, except those who don’t activate their camera. However, the more people we can see, the more social the experience!!
Another way to keep up your strength and mood while physically isolating.
Sheila Squier, one of our Lifelong fitness instructors has added a few sections of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) to her previous workout videos. You can mix and match the sections into your very own tailor-made home fitness routine.
Enjoy! (click on the url that you want to see – it should open in YouTube)
HIIT – Listen First NEW
HIIT Video NEW
“Listen First” video
1. Warm up
3. Obstacle Walk / Balance
4. Weight lifting
5. Stretching 1
6. Stretching 2